Every employee wants to be recognized for their good work. It is important to show them that you care about them and you appreciate their dedication even while you’re trying to conserve money in your budget. Here are some great ideas for employee awards that don’t have to break the bank.
- Snacks. Stock your employee break room with healthy and delicious snacks. This doesn’t just provide treats for your employees throughout the day but also encourages healthier behavior.
- Flexible hours. Time is currency. Offering your employees flexible hours and even some work from home options can really increase their performance and engagement. Flex time will allow employees to make appointments without having to use personal time off.
- Cater lunches. Once a month or once a week have a free lunch brought in for your staff. If you want to encourage fellowship among your employees you can host it as a company event. Social interaction is also a great stress reliever.
- Casual dress. Evaluate whether or not professional business attire is necessary for your office. If your employees don’t have face to face interaction with clients you may wish to implement a business casual dress code. Be specific about what is and what isn’t appropriate from the start. If your employees are more comfortable they may also be more productive.
- Bring your dog to work day. Animals are natural stress reducers. Encourage your employees to bring their well-behaved dogs to the office from time to time.
- Summer hours. Everyone suffers from lazy summer day syndrome. It is hard not to start daydreaming on a perfectly cloudless afternoon. Why not allow your employees to leave work early on Fridays during the summer?
- Healthy perks. Beyond healthy snacks in the office you can also provide additional benefits such as gym memberships. If you have the space and the budget consider adding a gym right in your own facility.
- Out of office socializing. Invite your team to get together for an evening out. Go bowling, put together a team based scavenger hunt, or organize a pool or kick ball league.
- Volunteering. Getting involved in your community is not only great for your employees but it is good free PR for your business. Offer your employees an opportunity to take paid time off to volunteer for a cause that is important to them.
Are you looking to partner with a staffing company that understands your entire company? Contact the team at Harvard Resource Solutions to see how we can help!