Michigan has seen the worst that the economic down turn had to offer. Still facing a nearly 9% unemployment rate, local companies are working hard to develop viable jobs for the state’s talented workforce. Administrative assistant roles are returning to the workplace and as a job provider you can be at the forefront of offering employment to qualified individuals. What are the current salaries for administrative positions in the Southeast Michigan area? Let’s look at some of the numbers in play today.
- Senior Executive Assistants. In 2014 the expected salary range for a senior level executive administrative assistant is between $47,000 and $78,000. This information is consistent with Salary.com’s projects median salary of $55,000 for Troy, Michigan. The Ann Arbor area is a little higher with a median expected salary of $57,000. Job duties will vary based on the company, but typically a senior level executive assistant supports high level management with travel, organization, and communications.
- Entry Level Administrative Assistant. For individuals looking to break into administrative roles, the Detroit area is looking at a salary range of $26,000 to $32,000. Hourly this equals $12.50 to $15. This is consistent with other similar sized metro areas like Atlanta, Georgia. And entry-level role can encompass a number of support functions.
- Office/Facilities Manager. An office manager in the Southeast Michigan area is expected to earn a salary range between $37,000 and $48,000 in 2014. This is consistent with the median salary suggested by Salary.com. An office manager is typically responsible for the daily operations of all administrative functions within the company.
- Sales Assistant. For a more sales oriented job, employees can expect to make somewhere between $29,000 and $39,000 annually. The median annual salary listed on Salary.com for sales assistants in the Detroit area falls neatly between these numbers at $35,000 per year. Sales assistants support all of the functions of the sales and marketing department without engaging in the sales aspect itself.
- Project Coordinator. With roles that can have wildly different expectations depending on the organization, project coordinators are looking at a range of $33,000 to $51,000. Project coordinators can be responsible for many different things related to the specific industry or business in which they are working.
- Logistics Coordinator. Logistics has always been at the heart of Detroit area manufacturing businesses. Individuals with previous experience in these roles can expect a salary range of $31,000 to $42,000. Salary.com suggests that a logistics coordinator in Detroit can earn a median salary of $39,000. Logistics involves several aspects of manufacturing, shipping, and transportation.
Do you want to ensure that you are paying a fair wage to your incoming employees? Harvard Resource Solutions, one of the leading administrative staffing agencies in Troy MI, can help you find the right people for your business!